Internet Safety Information
In Bridge Integrated Primary all parents and children have been asked to read and sign an Acceptable Use of the Internet agreement. This is to promote e-safety in school.
Click on the following websites to play some fun games and learn more about staying safe online.
http://www.digizen.org/kids/ < Info on cyber bullying - Upper K.S. 2
Advice and support for parents Parents
Parents should remember that it is also important to promote e-safety in the home and to monitor internet use.
https://www.internetmatters.org/advice/6-10/ (Video clip and helpful advice leaflets)
https://www.internetmatters.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/PrimarySchoolGuideA5Booklet-PrintReady.pdf (excellent handout with lots of great tips for keeping children safe online)
Here are few helpful tips:
- Set up parental contols on any device which allows internet access. Click on the following recommended websites for further advice:
- Keep the computer in a communal area of he home.
- Be aware that children have access to the internet via gaming stations and portable technologies such as smart phones.
- Monitor the length of time you child spends online and discuss with them what they are seeing and using.
- Advise children how to take care and to use the Internet in a sensible and responsible manner. Know the SMART tips.
- Talk through SMART tips with your child and have them on display ear your computer as a reminder.